Monday, February 8, 2010

Rarity: Well-known Columnist Reveals Prez Picks

Dana Milbank of the Wash Post wrote a column about John McCain, then followed up with an online chat today in which he took the rare step of revealing his recent presidential preferences. Excerpt:
My policy in each presidential race is to vote for the best candidate who is not on the ballot. I think this is superior to the Len Downie approach of not voting at all; I don't have to commit to one candidate or the other in the race, but I can still go through the exercise of who would be a good president. So I voted for McCain in 2000, when Bush and Gore were on the ballot. I voted for Chuck Hagel in 2004, when Bush and Kerry were on the ballot. And I voted for Mike Bloomberg in 2008.

I should also add that I live in DC so it doesn't make the slightest difference how I vote.

Followup:

TM, Zeeland: During your nearly decade-long illicit affair with John McCain, did the two of you ever discuss moving in together and adopting Joe Lieberman?

Dana Milbank: I would have done it but Lindsey Graham was jealous.

1 comment:

  1. what a stoopid Queen. No wonder Olberman threw your lame a z z out

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.